ifveniceissinking

showslow:

When Van Gogh arrived in Arles in February 1888 fruit trees in the orchards were about to bloom. The blossoms of the apricot, peach and plum trees motivated him, and within a month he had created fourteen paintings of blossoming fruit trees. Excited by the subject matter, Van Gogh completed nearly one painting a day. Around April 21 Van Gogh wrote to Theo, that he “will have to seek something new, now the orchards have almost finished blossoming.”

Van Gogh intended the three orchard paintings, The pink orchardThe white orchard and The pink peach tree, to go together.

90erberlin
90erberlin:

Gertraudenstraße in Mitte, 1998
Die Unterführung zur Fischerinsel gibt es nicht mehr, ebenso das Ahornblatt (rechts) aus den frühen 70er Jahren. Das von Lehmann & Plaethe entworfene Gebäude diente als Betriebsgaststätte und wurde für Feste und Veranstaltungen genutzt. Nach der Wende residierte dort der Club Exit, anschließend stand es leer und wurde 2000 trotz Denkmalschutz  abgerissen.
The underpass to the Fischerinsel no longer exists, as well as the Ahornblatt (maple leaf, right) from the early 70s. The building was designed by Lehmann & Plaethe and used as a restaurant and for parties and events. After the reunification the Club Exit was located there, then it was vacant and demolished in 2000 despite the status as a listed historical building.

90erberlin:

Gertraudenstraße in Mitte, 1998

Die Unterführung zur Fischerinsel gibt es nicht mehr, ebenso das Ahornblatt (rechts) aus den frühen 70er Jahren. Das von Lehmann & Plaethe entworfene Gebäude diente als Betriebsgaststätte und wurde für Feste und Veranstaltungen genutzt. Nach der Wende residierte dort der Club Exit, anschließend stand es leer und wurde 2000 trotz Denkmalschutz  abgerissen.

The underpass to the Fischerinsel no longer exists, as well as the Ahornblatt (maple leaf, right) from the early 70s. The building was designed by Lehmann & Plaethe and used as a restaurant and for parties and events. After the reunification the Club Exit was located there, then it was vacant and demolished in 2000 despite the status as a listed historical building.